WE ARE HIRING – Agri Machinery Technician
Agri Machinery Technician
Farmhand is one of the leading distributors of agricultural machinery in Ireland. Based in Damastown, Dublin 15, Farmhand imports, assembles and distributes machinery through a network of 40 independent dealers and offers products by manufacturers such as Krone, Amazone, Quicke & APV. Farmhand also has a significant spare parts division, Fastparts. Farmhand operates throughout the Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland.
Reason for vacancy
Due to increased sales, company expansion, and a growing product line, we hope to recruit an experienced Agri Machinery Technician, to join our workshop team
The role is full time Monday- Friday
Agri Machinery Technician, reporting to the Workshop Manager
- Assembly of our wide range of agricultural machinery and equipment, ready for dispatch to dealer network
- Post assembly checks on machinery, to ensure delivery condition to dealers is to highest level
- Become familiar/comfortable with, and keep up to date with an ever-changing range of products.
- Through on the job training, learn to assemble, overhaul, diagnose, repair, install and support our broad range of machinery supplied.
- Work as part of the service dept team, aiming to give the highest levels of customer satisfaction in the industry, and do so in a professional and courteous manner.
- Attend product training, internally and externally, where necessary, to keep knowledge relevant
- Become familiar with warranty processes, and handling of service and customer enquiries.
- Liaise with colleagues and other departments, on daily basis, to ensure issues are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Keep daily records of work through company IT system.
- Adhere to company H&S safety guidelines at all times, highlighting any issues immediately to line manager.
- Adhere to company guidelines and practices as outlined in employee contract and handbook.
- Show a high level of initiative
- Have knowledge of farming practice and experience of agricultural machinery sector
- Familiarity with tractors and farm machinery, their operation, maintenance and service.
- Technical aptitude with basic machinery diagnosis experience
- Willingness to learn and grow a career within the company.
- Strive to become an integral part of the team, supporting, while also allowing support from colleagues.
- Proactive approach to work, with proven ability to work on own initiative and ability to prioritise tasks according to urgency
- Ability to stay level-headed in high pressure situations
- Organised, methodical and thorough in all work
- Flexibility to work longer hours when required
- Be highly professional at all times
- Familiarity with Ms Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other Microsoft packages an advantage.
Apply via email with your CV attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 10th March