WE ARE HIRING ! Warehouse Manager
Farmhand is one of the leading distributors of farm machinery in Ireland. We are a family run business based in Damastown, Dublin 15. Farmhand imports, assembles and distributes machinery through a network of 40 independent dealers and offers products by such manufacturers as Krone, Amazone, Alo, Zuideberg and APV.
Farmhand also owns and operates a separate division called Fastparts to market a wide range of wearing and fast-moving parts for all makes of tractors and agricultural machinery. Fastparts distributes through a network of over 400 dealers throughout Ireland, north and south.
Reason for vacancy
We are looking for a Warehouse Manager to run our busy parts warehouse. They will be managing a team of 5 as well as any seasonal staff that is required. We have plans to expand our operations which includes an extensive warehouse so the successful candidate would have to project manage this along with planning for future growth. This role is a full-time role working 5 days per week Monday- Friday. Some extra hours during busy periods are required.
Summer hours: 08:30am-17:30pm (April- October). Winter hours: 08:30am-17:00pm (November-March)
Warehouse Manager reporting to the Parts Director
- Leading a team of 5 Warehouse operatives daily.
- Managing all shipping, receiving, housekeeping and any other Warehouse activities
- Managing and accounting for 40,000 items
- Coordinate and manage ongoing and annual stock checks
- Liaising with our NI depot to ensure all orders, transfers and issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner
- Full responsibility for the safety of the Warehouse operations and all staff within
- Working closely with the Purchasing Manager and Sales team to ensure excellent communication with goods in and goods out
- Managing any international shipping when required including tracking and any issues that may arise
- Continually monitoring costs of consumables and couriers, regularly reviewing to ensure we have the best rates possible
- Continuous monitoring and maintenance of all machines and machinery in the Warehouse
- HR responsibilities: This will include, probation meetings for new staff, disciplinaries as required and managing HR requests such as holidays etc.
- Administration: transport invoices
- Transportation and courier responsibilities. Making sure costs are always competitive and thoroughly checking invoices and paperwork
- Managing and monitoring KPI’s for warehouse to include pick rates and ensuring goods in is efficient and working well
- Ensuring staff moral is a priority. Actively listening to staff and ensuring clear communication at all times
- Working closely with the Parts Director
- Proven track record of working in a busy seasonal Warehouse environment
- Experience managing a small to medium team
- Skills to motivate and get the most out of the team while managing them effectively
- Proven ability to work independently
- A motivated, can- do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships as well as with your colleagues
- Good attention to detail and highly accurate
- Organised, methodical and thorough in all work
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with large volume of workloads
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent people skills with confidence to deal with difficult situations
- To be highly professional at all times
- Confident using IT systems, scanners etc.
- Proficient in Ms Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- CRM MS Dynamics or MS NAV experience would be an advantage
- Health and Safety skills would be an advantage
- Some travel to our NI depot may be required on a yearly basis
Please email applications to email@example.com
Applications close date 17th January 2020.