WE ARE HIRING! – Machinery Area Sales Manager
Farmhand is one of the leading distributors of agricultural machinery in Ireland. Based in Damastown, Dublin 15, Farmhand imports, assembles and distributes machinery through a network of 40 independent dealers and offers products by manufacturers such as Krone, Amazone, Alo & APV. Farmhand also has a significant spare parts division, Fastparts. Farmhand operates throughout the Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland.
Reason for vacancy
We are looking for a territory manager for cover the South of Ireland in our busy machinery sales department. The island of Ireland is currently cover by two managers and backed by a Marketing Coordinator, Demonstrator and product support specialist.
The role is full time Monday- Friday 08.30am-17.30pm, however longer hours and nights away should be expected, particularly during our busy season.
Machinery Area Sales Manager reporting to Machinery Sales and Marketing Director
- Become integral member of the machinery sales team.
- Predominantly field based role, gaining experience on all product lines, and dealer network.
- Managing Dealer accounts with regular scheduled appointments
- Business development, opening new accounts where necessary
- Maintaining and managing sales pipeline
- Actively keeping CRM up to date and being accountable for the information inputted
- Become familiar, comfortable with, and keep up to date with an ever-changing range of products
- Attend product training internally and externally, where necessary, to keep product knowledge relevant
- Assist in house dealer product technical and sales training on an ad hoc basis
- Working closely with the service, parts and despatch teams to ensure smooth management of Dealer sales and delivery.
- Actively engaging in set up and organisation of trade shows and Dealer events.
- Adhere to company H&S safety guidelines at all times, highlighting any issues immediately to manager.
- Adhere to company guidelines and practices as outlined in employee contract and handbook.
- Expert knowledge of farming practice and experience of agricultural machinery sector
- Familiarity with tractors and farm machinery, their operation, maintenance and service
- Proven ability to build relationships with Customers and not let difficult situations get in the way of this.
- Willingness to learn and grow a career within the company.
- Strive to become an integral part of the team, supporting, while also allowing support from colleagues.
- Proactive approach to work, with proven ability to work on own initiative and ability to prioritise tasks according to urgency
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships, customer service focused is a high priority
- Ability to stay level-headed in high pressure situations
- Organised, methodical and thorough in all work.
- Flexibility to work longer hours and some travel abroad when required
- Be highly professional at all times
- Excellent communicator
- Familiarity with Ms Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other Microsoft packages
- Experience using a CRM system and be comfortable navigating through its functions.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 21st January 2020