We’re Hiring ! Qualified Agri. Service Field Technician
Farmhand is one of the leading distributors of agricultural machinery in Ireland. Based in Damastown, Dublin 15, Farmhand imports, assembles and distributes machinery through a network of 40 independent dealers and offers products by manufacturers such as Krone, Amazone, Alo & APV. Farmhand also has a significant spare parts division, Fastparts. Farmhand operates throughout the Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland.
Reason for vacancy
Due to increased sales, company expansion, and a growing product line, we have opened a new position of Trainee Field Service Technician, to join our busy Service Dept.
The role is suited to a FAS/SOLAS qualified Agricultural Machinery Technician, or suitable qualified or experienced person, who is very familiar with agri machinery main Dealership Aftersales, and technically experienced to support our product lines. Importer/distributor experience would be a distinct advantage.
The role is full time Monday- Friday 08.30am-17.30pm.
Field Service Technician, reporting to the Service Dept. Manager
- Become integral member of the Field Service Team.
- Predominantly field based role, gaining experience on all product lines, and dealer network.
- Become familiar, comfortable with, and keep up to date with an ever-changing range of products
- Attend product training internally and externally, where necessary, to keep product knowledge relevant
- Assist in and eventually present in house dealer product technical training on an ongoing basis.
- Assist Service Dept on dealer network support and development.
- Report on product issues and liaise with suppliers to find resolutions.
- Become familiar with warranty processes, and handling of customer and end user aftersales enquiries, to a highly professional degree.
- Liaise with colleagues and other internal departments on daily basis, to ensure issues are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Keep daily records of work through company IT systems.
- Adhere to company H&S safety guidelines at all times, highlighting any issues immediately to manager.
- Adhere to company guidelines and practices as outlined in employee contract and handbook.
- Knowledge of farming practice and experience of agricultural machinery sector
- Familiarity with tractors and farm machinery, their operation, maintenance and service.
- Technical aptitude with high level of machinery diagnosis experience
- Willingness to learn and grow a career within the company.
- Strive to become an integral part of the team, supporting, while also allowing support from colleagues.
- Proactive approach to work, with proven ability to work on own initiative and ability to prioritise tasks according to urgency
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships, customer service focused.
- Ability to stay level headed in high pressure situations
- Organised, methodical and thorough in all work.
- Flexibility to work longer hours and some travel abroad when required
- Be highly professional at all times
- Familiarity with Ms Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other Microsoft packages an advantage.
- Full clean driver’s license.
- Willingness & ability to travel, both in within Ireland and abroad.